Sunday, January 4, 2009

Looking up?

Well . . . yesterday was hard.  I hit a wall in the afternoon and just thought, "I can't do it.  I can't do another rough night."  Luckily Davie did a little better last night.  Today it seems like she's feeling a little better.  Fever is down.  Eating more at a time.  Had a 2+hour nap.  

I am still on back-beating duty with her though.  Nasty business.  I lay her face down over the humidifer and beat on her back until she coughs up mucus.  I dreaded this because she hates being on her stomach.  But she actually doesn't mind this.  I think it feels good on her, either that or she's so tired that she won't fight it.  Anyways, I have high hopes for tonight.  I hope it goes well because I go back to school tomorrow and STEVEN COMES HOME TOMORROW!!!  Yippee!!!  I miss him so much I ache.  I hate being without him.  It's kind of fun in a novel way for the first day, then I'm done and ready for him to come back and be my husband.  Davie misses him too.  I just know it.  I can't wait to see her face when she sees him.

Back to a sad thought.  I go back to school tomorrow.  I don't know how I feel about this.  I feel like I really haven't gotten to rest much over these couple of weeks, but who does on Christmas break!?  And I feel unprepared for this semester.  I worked so hard over the summer getting ready for my maternity leave and making sure I had my plans and copies all lined out for the fall semester.  But I'm starting a new project for this spring, and I haven't thought through it enough to feel comfortable and prepared.  

I'm sure going to miss that baby tomorrow.  


No comments: