Thursday, October 13, 2011

To Worry or Not To Worry

This morning I buckled Davie in to her little bus seat for her first field trip to the zoo. Leading up to this event, I wondered if I should rearrange my schedule and go with her. I like to experience her experiencing things. I told myself I was worried about her getting lost or lonely or something . . . but chances of that happening are very small.

Davie loves a loner. She will hug the shy girl. She will talk to the new kid. But in groups, she IS the loner. I don't think she gets many opportunities at school to be with one other child, to make one friend at a time. I get the feeling that she is very quiet at school. So I think this will be great for her to go in small groups to a place that she loves and chat excitedly.

I think that kid is going to be A-OK. Not just today, but in general. She is self-sufficient, kind, and imaginative. What more could one ask for!

3 comments:

Erin said...

She is precious, and you are a great Mom. She'll do great!

kathi mills henson said...

Actually Kacey wandered off at the zoo when she was Davie's age. She wasn't lost, she was watching the monkeys, but they lost her.

kathi mills henson said...

I don't remember if I murmured those exact words at that time but I definitely thought them, and I said them back to her every time she said them to me ( which was almost everyday ). Thank You for being so wise, loving, accepting, supportive, generous, positive, cheerful, grateful, etc...