Thursday, October 13, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
*I wrote this song yesterday. It is for all the children with terrible parents or terrible childhood memories. It is for my daddy.
if i was your momma, i'd build you a ladder
it'd reach up to the clouds you watch so hard
if i was your momma, i'd buy you a thousand books
and if i had no money, i'd get you a library card
if i was your momma, you'd know that i love you
not from guessing, but cause i'd tell you so
if i was your momma, you'd know you'd be safe
cause i'd come get you anywhere you go
but i ain't your momma, i'm just some girl who
sees another hurting eye
but if i was your momma, and i saw you hurting
i'd kick the ass of the ones who made you cry
i don't see how a momma could hurt her child so
i don't see how a child like you could be anything but loved
then again this old world is full of surprises
and surprise, here you are doing fine when the push comes to shove
you are more than your momma, you are more than your daddy
you are more than the bad things that happen as a child
you deserve all the goodness, you deserve all the mercy
you deserve all the love from a momma whose love makes her wild
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
- I had a great time on Steven's birthday trip. I really enjoyed myself and the people I was with. I did not have any scary panic moments. (Okay, there was a few hours of anxiety on the drive home where I realized I had left my Xanax in Vegas, but I got through it without my Xanax . . . obviously).
- To elaborate on the previous bullet point, I feel like I pushed my comfort zone out, instead of letting it press in on me. I really am so grateful to Steven for encouraging me in that. He is a wise 30 year old soul.
- When faced with the kind of adversity that would usually make me change my plans for the more convenient path, I stepped up and worked harder to give myself the opportunity to be accepted or denied by OU's PA program. You see, I thought I only had one class left of prerequisites . . . and that was a hassle in and of itself because I couldn't find the darn class anywhere! But it turns out I have 4 classes to take this semester. This is when average Kinsey would say "It's not meant to be". But no! I spent hours upon hours hunting down these classes and figuring out my schedule, just for the chance to be in the program.
- I had my PA interview today. It went well. Hopefully it went better than at least 104 other applicant's interviews, but we'll see. There was a few moments of panic, and honestly I borrowed a Xanax from my sister just in case . . . but I didn't need it after all. Once I got into the room, I was my plain ole self, and that was just fine with me. If my lack of completed prerequisites scare them out of a position in the program for me, then I will keep moving in a productive direction, and see that it was an honor to be chosen for an interview.
- Right now in life, I feel happy. I feel fulfilled.