Tuesday, May 5, 2009

summa-time and the livin' is easy!

"your daddy's rich and your momma's good-lookin!"

we need to make this lullaby (a regular in davie's repertoire) come true for this summer.  someway.  somehow.

summer is coming!  i am getting so antsy, just waiting for my freedom!  i want to be at the lake as much as humanly possible, which means bathing suit, which means, "we's got woik to do!"  i might like to be a shade or two bronzer than my current milky hue.  i might like to have a few things toned up.  i might like to have a flattering new bathing suit.  

i feel like these things require a little bit of extra money though.  extra money that steven and i are trying to find in our regular monthly budget (to put in savings).  however, i do have a birthday coming up this saturday.  

now for the conundrum - should i be a good girl and put my birthday money into savings?  (it sounds un-fun, but is actually QUITE fulfilling) OR do i indulge (understanding that birthday's only come once a year) and get myself ready for the best summer yet?

it sounds like i've already decided . . .

2 comments:

Emery Jo said...

my mommy sang that song to me when I was a baby too. She sang it to me for years!! Crazy sauce. ;)

Melinda said...

If you absolutely feel like you need to put some in savings, I say put half in savings and spend the other half on yourself. I could so use a new swimsuit too, I think it's been 3 or 4 yrs., not counting the un-flattering maternity swimsuit I bought.