Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 3 -Fruit and Veg Cleanse

Oy.

It says in the book that the great thing about today is you can eat all you want . . . as long as it's fruit and vegetables. Not a great consolation when you want a bowl of cereal or a breakfast burrito.

BREAKFAST:
Anyways, for breakfast I had a berry fruit smoothie, it wasn't great. I used a frozen bag of berries (no sugar added), 2 cups of hot water, and 3 leafs of spinach (just trying a lil bit). I tasted it and had to add some orange juice, which helped. As I was feeding Davie some of her banana this morning, I dipped some in my smoothie and ate it. Not bad. Maybe I should've added some banana to the mixture. After breakfast, I don't feel satisfied. Seriously thinking about baking a potato just to have something starchy.

BRUNCH:
Had an apple. Not bad . . . but not as good as, oh say, a brownie.

PRE-LUNCH:
Out of habit, I ate a little handful of Cheerios as I was giving some to Davie. They tasted SOOOOOOOO good. I so desperately want another handful or 12. BE STRONG!

LUNCH:
I made a giant salad including spinach, red bell peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes, avocado, a little broccoli, mushrooms . . . and I did use some red wine and olive oil for dressing - who eats dry salad?!
I also made a big ole baked potato, and used salt and pepper. I ate alot . . . and it still didn't kill my craving for the brownies that are on my counter in the kitchen. I can't bear to throw them away. After all, this cleanse is only for 24 hours! It's weird. Yesterday I didn't even glance at them. Also, I can't get Sonic out of my mind. I didn't have a Dr. Pepper all day yesterday and didn't even care. But I want one BAD today.

POST-LUNCH:
This is just sad. I have voices in my head telling me different things. "Why in the world would you do this experiment during the holidays?" "Just skip this one assignment, and do the rest." "Tomorrow you can eat whatever you want . . . almost."
Anyways, I had a bite of pineapple and some grapes, but I didn't want them. I have a wicked headache, but that could be for any ole reason. BUT it could be a withdrawal symptom from any number of things I haven't had today. OR it could be a detox symptom.

PRE-DINNER:
Headache got worse, like nauseating. Broke down and drank a chocolate instant breakfast - felt a little bit better.

DINNER:
Hit the low of the day. Made some Tuna Helper. I know, I know. But I made it this far, right?! I should start a new blog called "The Failed Trials of Kinsey Charles" so all the world can get a kick out of my shenanigans.

One success though - I drank 64 ounces of water today! That's a record I think . . . and NO Dr. Pepper. Good for me.

Tomorrow I go red-meatless. That shouldn't be too hard. But you know tomorrow will probably be the day I am dying for a T-bone steak or something. I haven't decided if I want to carry this experiment on past the 30 days yet. I should probably at least do a little while after I carry out all the steps, just to see if I can keep it up. We'll see.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Are beans and lentils allowed in the fruit and veg only phase? You need some protein, girl! I'm interested to know if the book talks about seasonal/local food at all? Thanks for writing about all of this...so interesting to follow along! (A book recommendation if you're into these issues right now...Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Really affected how Jonathan and I shop and eat.)

megan said...

So proud of your Vegan adventure....but how am I suppose to feed you for our playdate lunch on friday!?!?!?