Sunday, November 23, 2008









So Davie has been sleeping 8-9 hours pretty consistently every night.  But the other night she slept ALMOST ELEVEN!!!  Why?  I'm not sure, but I think it had to do with our heater shutting off randomly.  We woke up and our house was 63 degrees.  Steven and I discussed this being the only thing that was different, and so I looked it up.  I found this on parents.com . . . 

"Regulate the temp.  
You know how you sleep better when the room's a little cooler?  Well, your bundle of joy is no different.  Keep your baby's room warmer during the day and cooler at night, Dr. Greene suggests.  The optimal temperature for infant sleep is between 65 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit."

We'll experiment with that tonight and see if it makes a difference.  

Also, the other day my friend Chelsea came over with her baby Gracie.  Gracie was born 4 weeks early . . . and 2 weeks earlier than Davie.  Chelsea took some pictures of the two new friends.  I'm going to try and post some although I've never posted pictures here before.  


2 comments:

Shan said...

Davie is so tiny!! How much does she weight? Carsyn weighs 10 lbs (I think) we are going to the doctor tomorrow. We wont be home for Thanksgiving but we will be there the week after Christmas... we are planning dinner with the Raglands, we should all get together.

mgoff said...

Hey Daisy has this one-sie also! I can't wait for her to wear it....still a little big for her! Looks and sounds like you guys are doing well.