Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dissing your disease.

Strep, my old colleague! How like you to drop in when I have business to attend to.

Remember 5 years ago when I was fresh out of college, a naive little immune system plummeting into a cess pool of snot and cooties, a cess pool called third grade. You joined me on a regular basis, nearly every month, requiring every single one of my allotted sick AND personal days. Remember that? That was fun.

I guess it was high time you come back for a visit. After 5 years of building a fortress of an immune system in the trenches of public school, I have taken a break. The defenses have gotten lazy. I especially respect your irreverent timing. I mean, having me vomit all night while I am responsible for an elderly lady and a toddler - classy, Strep, really classy.

You couldn't have let me get more than two hours of sleep that night, could you? Too merciful? Right. The bouts of chills and fevers were a nice touch too. Oh and who could forget the way my tonsils crash together when I sneeze! It's also really fun how it sounds like I'm very quiet and far away . . . because the boils on my tonsils are so thick, my voice has to find it's way to squeeze around my uvula.

Anyways, I just wanted to give you a quick "shout out" and say THANKS A MILLION for coming the week of my first grad school test and also the week before a singing gig. Again - your timing is impeccable.

Keep it real, Strep.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome...LMBO! Sorry you're sick, Mom