Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our day thus far . . .

Woke up around 8am. Steven left for work. Around 10 I was nodding off in the chair (should have been studying) while Davie played in the floor. I snuck off to my bed around 11 just to "rest my eyes" for a minute. She found me. I knew she would. Every once in awhile I would put some blocks together, or push a button, or whatever she brought me, and then "rest my eyes" for a little more. Finally at 11:30 I put Davie down for a nap. Then I put myself down for a nap. We woke up at 1:30 and I felt worse than ever. My throat was so swollen shut that I was setting off my own gag reflux.

I sent Steven a text message begging for him to get off work early.

Davie was unsatisfiable for a little while. I didn't know what she wanted. I don't think she knew either. To make matters worse, our XBOX is broken and so I can't even play her favorite DVD for 30 minutes to lift her spirits. Luckily while I was scrolling through my TV Guide app, and saw Thomas the Train comes on OETA. Davie is satisfied sitting beside me watching Thomas and Curious George, and I am fine with that for now. Maybe I'll try that studying thing again.

No comments: