Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm not fishing for compliments . . .

So, I've been more or less makeup-less for 2 weeks now. At first, it was not fun. I was insecure. I felt naked. I felt ugly. Now I know my looks have not changed that much in 2 weeks, but when I look in the mirror, I do not see ugly anymore.

One of two things have happened. Either I never was ugly, and only felt that way by comparison of the made up me. Or I was ugly, but forgot how nice I look with makeup on. Either way, it shows how important your own thoughts are. I'm not saying I'll never wear makeup again. But it is nice to not have to put on any kind of mask, and still feel comfortable with myself.

So this isn't really a spiritual revelation, but it does symbolize feeling more comfortable with the real me in the non-physical sense. Who I really am. What I really think. Etc. It's been a great couple of weeks. Not much longer to go.

No comments: