Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back to School

Today is my second day back at school.  Not bad.  Actually it would be as good as I could imagine going back to school would be, if only I weren't sick.  I've had a little nagging cough for a couple of days.  Yesterday was too much for my little throat and I lost my voice.  Then I didn't get much sleep last night and so today I had the saddest, squeakiest voice you've ever heard.  But I taught 6 lessons.  By the time school was out, I could barely make myself heard on the phone when I called Steven.  

But I'm glad I'm back at school . . . for now.  I do miss being at home with Steven and Davie, but it's nice to have a routine and something to get up and showered for.  

Davie is doing well on her little "schedule".  We're trying to get her to eat at 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm, and then hopefully not at 2am.  Last night she woke up at 2am, and so I gave her a pacifier until 3am, and then fed her half of what she normally eats . . . enough to ease her back to sleep.  Then I fed her half again at 5am.  The rest of the day has been pretty much right on.  We'll see how tonight goes.

No comments: