Monday, January 26, 2009

Solids and such . . .

It has been awhile since I've posted.  Well, whaddaya expect?!  I DO have a 5 month old now, ya know.   

This week I have been a domestic goddess!  Steven and I had a couple of talks about being more considerate of each other.  I am not a naturally considerate person - some call it ditzy, some call it self-absorbed - so this week I have been trying to think before any action (or inaction), "What would make Steven's life easier and better?"  It seems he has been doing the same, and so, it is pleasant here at the Charles' household. 

Anyways, I tend to NEVER eat at home.  I eat practically every single meal in my car.  This is inexpensive and unhealthy and anti-social, and I don't like anything about it except for the convenience.  There is a website called savingdinner.com, and you can sign up for some free menus (this involves a menu for 6 days of dinner, recipes, and a shopping list categorized by food types).  It even suggests sides for the dishes.  I learned that I actually like cooking when I have everything I need there and I don't have to wait until I'm starving to find something to eat.

I've also started feeding Davie solids this past week.  We started with rice cereal.  Then a couple of days ago, I pureed some bananas and mixed it with some of her formula.  She loves it.  I filled some ice cube trays with the rest, so we have it ready to heat and eat.  Almost as easy as jarred food, only CHEAPER!  


1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hmmm....being considerate, huh? Novel idea. I might have to try it... :)