Saturday, March 21, 2009

Diaper Rash Update

I cried today.  Just a couple of tears shed . . . for my child's bottom.  She was just so upset, and I changed her diaper and saw the horror of her little sores and then we were both crying.  

Here's the thing.  This little angel has never had diaper rash.  Not once since she was born until this last week.  I envisioned diaper rash to look like a rash, not the holocaust on skin.  Okay, I'm probably exaggerating, but it's really bad and blistery.  I called the doctor yesterday and the nurse said to put her in some warm water (only) for 10-15 minutes and let her play around, and then take her out and use a warm hair dryer for a bit, and then use some neosporin or A&D.  I don't know how long it's supposed to take to get better though.

I did use some Lotrimin (like my sister did with her child), but the next diaper some of her bumps turned white and I didn't know if that was good or bad, but it was scary so I didn't use it again.  

She is so sad.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Are you sure it's not a yeast infection? I thought Gracie had a bad diaper rash and it turned out to be a yeast infection.

Anonymous said...

I had to use Arbonne diaper cream. It got rid of it with the first use. It is all natural so that is makes it even better.
Chrisanna Looney

Leslie said...

That sounds just aweful! I did notice the mention of Arbonne products above and I have to say that it would be worth a try. I swear by their products. I use their whole skincare line, but I also had a terrible rash on my wedding ring finger that lasted for about a year and the only thing that cleared it up was their skin conditioning oil. If you want to get some, let me know...you can order it through my membership at a discount!

Melinda said...

I hope she is doing better now!