Tuesday, June 9, 2009

finger foods

Thank you for the input everyone!  I went to the store today and picked up a few different things for Davie - Cheerios, diced fruit and veggies, grated cheese, noodles, Nilla wafers, etc.  So far the girl seems to dig crunchy, starchy things.  I let her have at it this afternoon, and she didn't end up drinking as much milk as usual . . . I hope this is a sign that she is getting the calories she needs to sleep through the night!  She definitely enjoyed eating more today, but when I look at how much baby jar food she could eat, compared to a few cheerio sized things, I wonder how it will compare in filling her belly.  

It seems like kids go through phases where all they will eat is bread, or all they will eat is Vienna sausages, or what have you.  They survive.  I'm going to try to stop stressing about it, and just enjoy her . . . it's so hard to release the worrying though!

Speaking of worrying - we are off to Golden, Colorado tomorrow evening.  Our first big road trip with Davie.  We are driving through the night on the way there so she will sleep.  Wish us luck!

No comments: